Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Using gstreamer for everything audio and video in ekiga

Le 25/04/2014 09:27, Craig Southeren a écrit :
On 25/04/2014 4:19 pm, Julien Puydt wrote:
Hi,

Le 25/04/2014 00:46, Craig Southeren a écrit :
BTW: Robert added full gstreamer support for video and audio to Opal
some time ago.

This has been deployed and is in use by customers on embedded and
desktop platforms.

It's in ptlib and not opal as far as I know, and I'm not convinced it
is that full: I need to do quite fancy things with complex pipelines...

Robert implemented the gstreamer interface it in order to interface Opal
to video and audio codecs that only had gstreamer interfaces. He worked
through a large number of issues to make gstreamer work in real-time as
opposed to streaming mode. He also had it working on both Windows and
Linux.

It is fully working in real-time on an embedded platform for both
encoded video and audio.

It would be a shame to see that work duplicated.

I'm not duplicating it: I'm just using gstreamer... there will only be a GstAppSrc/GstAppSink to interface with ptlib (perhaps I'll be able to use the ptlib code there, but I'm not sure). For now I'm only working on using gstreamer to handle device choices/changes and recording a session, I haven't made any attempt towards integrating with anything else.