Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [WIN32] ekiga and GTK 3

On 19/03/13 14:58, Thierry Simonnet wrote:
 Ekiga_setup gas a big size with GTK_Bundle : 40M

 I think to use gtk's own libraries, not a bundle anymore.  It takes less space
 and does not interfere with other software on the machine.
It will be a lot of work without a lot of added value.
On Windows platform it is a huge potential problem source. I had some bad
experiment with zlib. On a PC I saw 12 different version and it is a hard work
to keep everything working. Using a bundle provide the same version for gimp,
ekiga.... Especially GTK

The pros for using a local gtk are:
- I noticed also problems with some users where zlib found was too old and ekiga did not start for them. - a bundle of 40M is too big, we cannot tell user to download 60 MB for ekiga installer

The pros for having a global gtk is:
- security, updating the zlib library will benefit all applications using it

However, in Windows world each program comes with its own libraries, as far as I know, so I prefer a local gtk.