Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Device detection

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 21:38:52 +0200
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> On 25/09/12 20:40, Julien Puydt wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > has the device detection changed recently?
>
> No.
>
> > I have to go in the preferences and ask for a specific refresh to
> > get my devices, or there's only the moving logo...
>
> Since when? Maybe looking at -d 4 log, at the beginning, when it
> shows the devices? Have you changed the computer? :o)

On a private correspondence, concerning to GStreamer, Julien asked me to
send the following writings (Irrelevant story) to this the mailing-list.

#### Irrelevant story ####

I have checked this yesterday's night after reading your
[Ekiga-devel-list] Device detection email message.

A couple of days ago, I have tested the echo test sip:500 ekiga net and
I have seen a Screencast of my screen.

After reading your "Device detection" email, I changed the Input device
to Moving Logo. While I did so, Screencast (GStreamer/Crazy) was grey
(un-selectable) even though it was displayed as selected Input device.

I have clicked on the Detect device button and then more GStreamer
entries showed up:

Goom (GStreamer/Crazy)
Screencast (GStreamer/Crazy)
Video test (GStreamer/Video test)

Selecting Moving Logo (Moving Logo/Moving Logo) does not make Ekiga
crash when clicking on the camcorder icon.

#### Irrelevant story ####

The important part of that private message, for those of you who want to
know, is this:

It seems that the crash occurs on certain video dimensions (Size)

  Working: 320x240
Distorted: 352x288 640x480 704x576
 Crashing: 176x144

--