Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] testing a modied ekiga at another machine

On 12/03/12 10:34, Vineet Menon wrote:
ya both are identical..
But the thing is why should i bother manually copying files???".so" ??
shouldn't the `make install` take care of it??

make install copies the files you have just compiled in the final directories. It must be always used after make.

In your case, you want to copy files from one machine to another. This works only if the two machines are more or less identical, with the same software etc., since programs depend on libraries (which need to be installed), configurations, even hardware sometimes. On Windows too, simply copying word.exe to another machine does not work.