Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Technical] Execute script on call

On 23/02/12 18:54, Genghis Khan wrote:
Someone asked for this on another SIP/VoIP mailing list.

Is it possible to execute a command when starting/terminating a call?

For example, I would like to execute these commands on start:

Opening the Input Source for the Microphone and setting an optimal
volume rate for the capture devices:
$ amixer sset 'Input Source',0 'Mic' ; amixer set Capture 70% ; amixer
set Digital 70%

These commands are executed shortly after the call was over:

Opening the Input Source for the anything else but the Microphone and
setting the volume rate of the capture devices to zero:
$ amixer sset 'Input Source',0 'CD' ; amixer set Capture 0% ; amixer
set Digital 0% ; amixer set Master 80% ; amixer set PCM 80% ; amixer
set Front 80%

It is not possible.  However, there could be another method to solve this.

I cannot test right now, but I propose the following solution. Start gconf-editor and see if /apps/ekiga/general/user_interface/video_display, video_view key is changed when starting and stopping a call. If yes, then it might be possible to make a small program testing the change of that key and act accordingly.