Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Closing ekiga

On Mon, 13 Feb 2012 18:26:37 +0100
Eugen Dedu <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When clicking on the X button of the title bar of the main window,
> ekiga does not quit, but hides.
>
> This was maybe a good idea in the past.  Now, both vlc and xchat quit
> the application when clicking there, and the window is hidden when
> pressing on the icon.  Shouldn't ekiga do the same?
>
> Note: pidgin does not quit when clicking on X...

This is an interesting point. I will not determine anything.

aMule will also exit when clicking on the close button.
VLC and XChat a very popular and they seem to be software which are
worth to follow.
Gajim, Claw-Mail, Liferea, Pino, StarDict, TransmissionBT and Xfce Task
Manager will hide on close. Some programs have an option for this.

This argument can be expanded to the context menu of the systray.
Some applications have fixed position for the popup menus (Ekiga,
Liferea, TransmissionBT, VLC) and some are opening the menu from where
the cursor is (aMule, Gajim, Claw-Mail, Pino, StarDict, Vidalia).

* Until version 1.8.0 Liferea used to have its menu position in accord
  to the location of the cursor.

I have no opinion in these matters.