[Ekiga-devel-list] sip:<local user>@<IPAddr of SIP server>

I have had some successful and some failed connections with the same account.
In wireshark, I see that ekiga attempts some actions with a

From: sip:<local user>@0.0.0.0
To: sip:<local user>@<IPAddr of SIP server>

The <local user> is the user name of the user running ekiga, not the addressee or authentication name for the SIP account. I expect this name should never be used, unless it were defaults for omitted account details. Those account details have not been omitted in the settings for this account.
It appears the SIP server responds '403 Relaying Forbidden'.
In call attempts, then comes the additional response '403 Fake Identity'.