Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] PTLib autotools; install error with --disable-video

On 14/08/12 17:14, hohyeis eml cc wrote:
2 issues are addressed in this mail:
- unusual and undesirable autotools behaviour
- an error during 'make install' after 'configure --disable-video'

After configure,
'make' will not recompile, even if compile parameters have changed, when object files are present. This is unlike other projects I have encountered which use autotools.

Running 'make install' without a previous 'make' results in error because the 'install' target does not depend on the one for compiling.

I am not knowledgeable about autotools set up and don't know what to change to improve these.

Well, ptlib/opal autotools support is known to be not perfect. Another error is that you cannot have a space in the directory name where ptlib/opal reside.

There is too much work to do this correctly. Feel free to inform opalvoip mailing list about that, but I doubt someone will take care of it.

configuring with

./configure --disable-video

results in the following error during 'make install'
/usr/bin/install: cannot stat `././videoinput/*.so': No such file or directory

This is using
https://opalvoip.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/opalvoip/ptlib/branches/v2_10

Does this appear after having used make?