Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Sometimes Ekiga is not binding to the correct interface

On 02/10/11 10:59, Geeziard wrote:
I am seeing the same problem on Windows with Ekiga 3.2.7. If I have the
VMware bridging networks enabled, Ekiga send the IP addresses of those along
in its register message, despite them being on a different subnet from the
outgoing package, like:

REGISTER sip:ekiga.net SIP/2.0
CSeq: 73 REGISTER
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP
X.X.X.X:5060;branch=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx;rport
From:<sip:MyName ekiga net>;tag=2c3da863-4405-1910-894c-001150c429ef
Call-ID: xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx@MyComputer
To:<sip:MyName ekiga net>
Contact:<sip:MyName@X.X.X.X>;q=1,
<sip:MyName@192.168.139.1>;q=0.667,
<sip:MyName@192.168.1.4>;q=0.334
Allow:
INVITE,ACK,OPTIONS,BYE,CANCEL,SUBSCRIBE,NOTIFY,REFER,MESSAGE,INFO,PING
Expires: 3600
Max-Forwards: 70

X.X.X.X is my external IP, 192.168.139.1 is a virtual VMNet interface and
192.168.1.4 is my internal IP, the one that is in contact with my
NAT-enabled router.

I presume that Ekiga should not send the 192.168.139.1 part as it is on a
different subnet from 192.168.2.1. (The netmask is 255.255.255.0 for both
interfaces, I have checked! ;-)

Is there any reason why the wanted IP address (the interface to bind to)
cannot be configurable in the preferences? It would make my system work
nicely and it would make it possible to use Ekiga on Linux VServer systems
too as all VServer instances share the same network interfaces, making it
impossible to have more than one instance of Ekiga running when it binds to
all interfaces.

When it does not work, I get no answers back from the router at all. Not a
peep.

With ekiga 3.3.2 there are two modes for what Contact field will have, and in latest ekiga (git/svn) there are three modes. They are tried automatically one after the other if registration fails. One of them is putting in Contact only the outgoing interface. I suppose it is what you want, is that right?