Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.3.0 [UNSTABLE] available

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
> On 23/12/10 15:10, Peter Robinson wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:55 PM, Eugen Dedu
>> <Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr>  wrote:

>>> Debian has only 0.7.1, cf. http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/celt.html, and
>>> celt is known to break with each release.  Please post a bug report with
>>> the
>>> error, hoping that someone creates a patch.  Anyway, celt between two
>>> peers
>>> will work only if both have the same version, if I understand correctly.
>>
>> It depends and varies greatly from release to release depending on
>> what changes have been made to the bitstream which why up until now
>> I've had it disabled in Fedora. Come January though the celt team have
>> announced that the bit stream with be final and frozen which is when I
>> will enable it in Fedora and hence why I thought i would try it out
>> again to see the status of it in opal.
>>
>> http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/celt-dev/2010-December/000553.html
>
> Ok.  Hence it is important to make ekiga work with 0.10...

Just an update on this. 0.11.1 is out and its now soft freeze for
bitstream. So I think it would be nice if we could support that
release. Details here
http://lists.xiph.org/pipermail/celt-dev/2011-February/000581.html

Peter