Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ANNOUNCE - Ekiga 3.2.7 [STABLE] available

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 11:42 PM, Eugen Dedu
<Eugen Dedu pu-pm univ-fcomte fr> wrote:
> This is the seventh stable release of the 3.2 version of Ekiga.
>
> This release is dedicated to kapetr, who helped tremendously to fix the
> important NAT ports bug.
>
> Big news for this release:
> - Fix many connection issues (nat ports), see below
> - Fix major bug for windows uninstall
> (http://git.gnome.org/browse/ekiga/commit/?id=138ea33)
> - No windows-specific issue known, feel free to use it
>
> * What is it ?
> ==============
>
> Ekiga is a free Voice over IP softphone allowing you to do free calls
> over the Internet.
>
> Ekiga is the first Open Source application to support both H.323 and
> SIP, as well as audio and video. Ekiga was formerly known as
> GnomeMeeting.
>
> More information can be found at http://www.ekiga.org
>

> * Where to get it ?
> ===================
>
> Ekiga is available at:
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/ekiga/3.2/
>
> Required librairies can be found at:
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/opal/3.6/
> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/ptlib/2.6/
>

> * What's changed ?
> ==================
>
> ** User-visible fixes
> - Use NAT ports instead of local ports for RTP, fixing many connection
> issues
> - Add workaround for "In some cases ekiga answers always Busy Here"
> - Fix crash in the avahi code
> - Set the default audio and video devices
> - Fix Call buttons do not work
> - Add bpp16 (RGB16) support
> - Add partial support for IPv6
> - Fix number of users found on ekiga.net LDAP directory
> - Fix connection type setting in assistant
> - Use a decent connection type by default (DSL 128kb/s uplink)
> - Check off iLBC, CELT32, CELT48 and G722 audio codecs by default
> - Fix possible crash when PTLib code accessed by thread not created by PTlib
> - Fix issue when deleting a safe object
> - Fix possible NULL pointer access if get multiple NOTIFY messages on a
> REFER
>
> ** Protocol fixes
> - Fix strange issue with SIP call diversion (302 response) to the same
> endpoint
> - Change to only unregister those contact addresses we successfully
> registered
> - Fix incorrect change to AlertingPhase in H323
> - Change authentication failure to be fatal and SIP handler removed
> - Fix double authorisation failure leaving SIP handler in the wrong state
> - Fix SIP REFER completion on receiving NOTIFY with id parameter
> - Fix authentication issue when can get to SIP server via two interfaces
> - Fix address translation of REGISTER contact fields when STUN is not used
> - Fix locating correct authorisation credentials for INVITE
> - Fix correct test handling RFC3261/8.2.2.2 merged requests and other
>  "multi-path" received INVITE requests
> - other minor fixes
>
> ** Build fixes
> [...]

I would like to congratulate you all on this release.

The release is now built for Fedora rawhide as well as 13/12/11 and
will be headed to the relevant Fedora updates-testing repositories
very shortly (likely tomorrow).

Thanks,
Peter