Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Cleanup 2

Le 04/06/2010 17:49, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
  bool val = false;

g_return_if_fail (data != NULL);

if (gm_conf_entry_get_type (entry) == GM_CONF_BOOL) {

val = gm_conf_entry_get_bool (entry);
ekiga_main_window_set_stay_on_top (EKIGA_MAIN_WINDOW (data), val);
}

I would like to remove the initialisation of val, it serves no purpose.

The same for:

GtkStatusIcon *statusicon = NULL;
GtkWidget *main_window = NULL;

main_window = GnomeMeeting::Process ()->GetMainWindow ();
statusicon = GTK_STATUS_ICON (GnomeMeeting::Process ()->GetStatusicon ());

etc.

Does someone disagree in removing unuseful initialisations?

Well, statically they just look useless ; but if you think dynamically about the code, the fact that the pointers get associated to a segfaulting value right at the declaration point... then you get a code which will be better.

Snark

PS : Notice though that we should probably use some sort of smart pointers here.