Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Trunk sources

On 06/03/2010 12:41 PM, Thierry Simonnet wrote:
On 06/02/2010 06:37 PM, Eugen Dedu wrote:
On 01/06/10 07:41, Thierry Simonnet wrote:
Le 31/05/2010 15:47, Eugen Dedu a écrit :
Hi,

Now, that 3.2.7 has been released, we focus on trunk :o)

The next release will probably be taken from ekiga master/trunk. The
question is what do we take for ptlib/opal. Will we take:
- trunk
- or current stable branch, ptlib v2_8 and opal v3_8, released as
stable beginning of May 2010?

I think it is wiser to take the stable branch. Otherwise said, the
next ekiga unstable release will be based on ekiga master, ptlib/opal
current stable branches (not trunk!)

Do you agree?

I use trunk version of opal/ptlib. I've no big trouble for compiling and
using it. I've much more trouble with ffmpeg and x264.

I understand. But from my experience I know that bugs appear very easily, and ekiga needs to be tested continuously. For example, it seems the notification does not work anymore (the API changed), could you see if your contacts are online or away?

I've no notification nor avahi.

Which version of x264 and ffmpeg do you intend to use?

--

Thierry Simonnet

ESIEE-Paris

Par respect pour l’environnement, n’imprimez ce mail que si nécessaire