[Ekiga-devel-list] ptlib, pulse and "roles"

So, I manged to get the HEAD of opal/ptlib/ekiga from yesterday working.
I was most anxious to have ekiga using pulseaudio effectively and at
least now, the sound quality is usable and doesn't break up badly.

But what still appears to be lacking is the concept of what I believe
the Pulse folks call "roles".  That is, a single application can be
known to Pulse to have different streams and routed to different devices
accordingly.

The most common use-case for this is to have an incoming call ring to
the device the speakers are connected to yet have the conversation with
the other party connected to a different audio device, connected, say to
a headset.  Or that alternate audio device could be a bluetooth headset,
etc.

Is any of this in the works?  Maybe it's trivial to add and I can take a
whack at it myself.

b.