[Ekiga-devel-list] Instant Messaging - Remarks

Hello,

I have some remarks on instant messaging implementation (Windows and Linux).
Some different use cases :
  • peer to peer use : default identity is windows one (for windows version). I might be useful to use ekiga user identity.
  • use inside a communication : this implies a use with a PBX like Asterisk. 2 subcases :
    • IM inside a call : identity and dialog with PBX has a trouble. MESSAGE function doesn't use the established call channel structure.
    • IM outside a call : It might be useful to use account identity unless windows one.
I'm not so familiar with Ekiga implementation.

 I'm waiting for your feelings.

Best regards

Th. Simonnet