Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] how to compile source code for windows

Hi Rohit,

I use to compile quite daily windows version of Ekiga.
I tried to compile all components using both windows and Linux.

For cross compiling under linux (Debian), follow wiki instructions (http://wiki.ekiga.org/index.php/Cross-compile_Win32) and have a look on ekiga-devel mailing list. I've done some posts on this subject with patches and hints. You can find Makefiles and various libraries (BOOST, gtk2-2.20, fontconfig, freetype...) and daily build at http://www.pateam.org/archive/tmp/ekiga-win32/trunk. Makefile is for a quite stable version and Makefile_H264 integrates last version of component (GTK2, GLIB, OPAL, PTLIB, X264). This last makefile produces a not so stable version.
Don't forget to use the last version of mingw compiler 4.4.2.

I tried to compile Ekiga under windows using mingw environment. It is for more complicated, not for ekiga package itself but for other components. The simpliest way to compile ekiga for windows, if you don't have linux machine, is installing a virtual machine (using virtualbox for example). All cross compile chain, sources, binaries will use around 1.6 - 2 GB. Then disk sizing is important.

Best regards