Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Reorganizing things

Eugen Dedu a écrit :
> Julien Puydt wrote:
>> Eugen Dedu a écrit :
>>> What does a forum have and a mailing list does not?
>> I never saw the search in the mailing-list archives work...

Eugen, you're assuming too much. It is indeed easier to search a forum.
Just one tool and one interface.

Beside some people are not used to email clients as we are, but most
poeple are used to the web.

A forum is also a better tool to manage a community: you can give some
rights to people to manage the forum, people can use it without any
registration, you can classify discussions in some subforum much more
easily than with mailing-list, even open some subforum for a dedicated
langage. And you can have the messages from the forum into your mail box
too. Finaly, it is more eye-candy.

The downside, is some people have to manage it. And it is probably more
work than a mailling list. Still, as the goel is to get more people
involve, I think a forum is better.

And finaly, it is possible to integrate forum, ekiga.net, ekiga.org and
the wiki in just one interface. But that needs some dev work.

I think a forum is a good idea.