Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Link error on trunk

Michael Rickmann wrote:
> Eugen Dedu schrieb:
>> Julien Puydt wrote:
>>> Eugen Dedu a écrit :
>>>>
>>> I don't have linking issues (only running issues)... you should clean
>>> your build tree :-)
>>
>> No, it's again the -Wl,-z,defs linker flag again...
>>
> The build process has changed. libekiga.so is now build with the
> -no-undefined flag. When looking at the linker lines I can not find
> libraries associated with x-video exept -lXV. Can that be all what is
> needed? Does the linker do the rest?

I see the -no-undefined flag, but only on the first line (/bin/sh
../libtool --tag=CXX   --mode=link g++  -g...), not on the second
(libtool: link: g++ -shared -nostdlib...).  The error comes at the
second line.

It seems to me that this flag is generally used by distributors, so it
is important to fix the link with this flag (maybe even adding this flag
too in ekiga?)  I have also two Web pages somewhere explaining the
interest of this flag, I have already discussed this with Julien.

Adding -lX11 -Xext removes all the errors.  -Xv (small v) does not help.
 So should we add these two libraries in the command line?  Or is there
other thing to do (I remember setting something with MODULE in Makefile)?

There is also something strange for me: in man ld:
           defs
               Disallows undefined symbols in object files.  Undefined
symbols in shared
               libraries are still allowed.

However, ekiga.so is a shared lib, so why does it generate errors?