[Ekiga-devel-list] dbus "Answer"

Hello list,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed in the past. I ran across the dbus bindings tonight in the python scripts and they seem to do what I want except for being missing a facility to use dbus to answer an incoming call rather than just originate calls via the call method. (and I guess now thinking about it for more than 5seconds I need a hangup method as well)

For an audio only call I don't actually need the ekiga window showing at all since its a kiosk like application where all you see is the browser. I could either use one of the JS dbus bindings to talk to ekiga or I could just make a firefox handler for sip: and parse out numbers, answer or hangup myself and act according in any language that supports dbus.

So my question is, is this a work in progress anywhere I am missing right now - I would hate to spend the time if its a duplication of effort ?

It seems straightforward enough to implement the new methods myself, but tonight is really the first time I have looked at the ekiga source or dbus internals, although I have been a c programmer for nearly 20 yrs. Anyone have any tips before I dive in ?

Thanks
Jon Pounder

ps the bug about interface bindings that is already noted in the faq is also bothersome to me since it affects vpn connections as well and likes to bind to those even when unwanted. If I get the first thing done I might have time to work on that as well, but initially what would seem to be helpful would be a blacklist of interfaces never to bind to, ie tun0, tap1, type of thing etc.