Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Is anybody working on Upnp support in Ekiga ?

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 2:09 PM, Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> wrote:
But we do not have enough programmers to handle that. Formerly, I was
coding all my evenings on Ekiga and the whole week-end, as it is a spare
time project only, not something with business or money behind it. But
currently, it is not possible for me to keep up the work with that pace.

If we do not get more programmers, the project will die.

You point it right, most of the big opensource projects with great sucess have been backed by companies who had interest in it. And I think that really helps when there is a lack of programmers.

Apart from DiamondCard , I'm surprise there was no big companies/VOIP players who invest some dev time in Ekiga. ( I might not be aware that they are some in fact)

Maybe Mandriva or Novell people reading this list, would share their thoughts on why their boss won't invest in such an important part of a sucessful desktop ?