Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] ov511 and ekiga

> does ekiga 3.2 support v4l cameras? i am using a creative webcam model
> pd1030 which uses the ov511 driver on ubuntu jaunty. xawtv works with
> the camera. ekiga gives me "unable to access video device" when trying
> to connect a call. has anyone else had this problem?

It does support it if the option is enabled in ptlib. Some distros
disable v4l v1 in ptlib. Unfortunately the ov511 camera doesn't
currently support the v4l2 spec yet, although this is going to change
very soon as the author of libv4l has added support for these cameras
to the gspda video drivers.

Peter