Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Win32 Vista terminate problem

Damien Sandras schrieb:
Le mercredi 22 juillet 2009 à 19:49 +0200, Michael Rickmann a écrit :
I have a Vista notebook available for three days only. As already reported Ekiga has to be killed at shutdown. It seems a pecularity of Vista which can be overcome by several means.
if (Vista)
1) Wait at the end of the main thread ca. 5 secs, or
2) do Wait 100 msec, enumerate Ekiga's threads
    while (num_threads > 1)
The second possibility seems cleaner but is more work and will not look nice. What shall I do?

Do we have a bt to know why it deadlocks?
Most probably Robert can give us a hint in that case...

Yes, any deeper knowlege would be helpful here. At the moment I am poking around. So far I found out that it is just a matter of time. If I put a MessageBox which you have to click at the end of the Windows code Ekiga terminates under Vista properly. XP and 7Ultimate do not need that. The overall picture is that Ekiga's main thread exits and ptlib and opal are supposed to clean up their threads. The last one is the ptlib housekeeper thread.
Michael