Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Segmentation fault when caller clears the call

>> > You can use what was released with 3.1.0.
>>
>> In 3.1.0 it works.
>>
>> In 3.0.1 I have to amend my description in that I cannot receive, reject (or the caller cancels) any
>> calls. It crashes always.
>
> Peter (in CC) had the same problem.
>
> Now I remember!
>
> The problem is that Fedora uses a patched version of libnotify which has
> different signatures for some functions while having the same version
> number for the library.
>
> Peter, do you still have the patch ?

Hi Damien,

It was in fact an inverse problem. Fedora 9 has a vanilla libnotify,
Fedora 10 does not. He'd grabbed my source rpms for F-10 and
recompiled it without removing the patch and that caused the problem.
He's fixed it now.

We both knew this would cause an issue, Fortunately its only Fedora 10
that has a patched libnotify, rawhide is back to vanilla 0.4.5. I have
been thinking about pushing ekiga 3 to Fedora 9 but I've been waiting
for 3.0.2 (gentle reminder as I think tarballs are due today).

Cheers,
Peter