Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] SVN access for x264

Le lundi 31 mars 2008 à 15:19 +0200, Matthias Schneider a écrit :
> Quoting Torsten Schlabach <tschlabach gmx net>:
>
> > sean darcy schrieb:
> > > Just to keep everyone on their toes, x264 has closed the svn repo, and
> > > is using git.
> > >
> > > Try:
> > >
> > > git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git
> > >
> > > and
> > >
> > > git pull --rebase   = svn update
> > >

> > For building releases of Ekiga (e.g. 2.0.12 for example), did the x264
> > guys migrate the SVN history to git or would there by any downloadable
> > tarballs of older versions? What version of x264 does 2.0.12 or the
> > recent Gnome branch rely on? Using the above, you'll always get the latest.
> >
> > For the Debian users among us:
> >
> > Make sure you install git-core, not git. The package called git in
> > Debian Etch is not what you think it is.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Torsten
>
> Hi Torsten,
> like stated by Yannick x264 changed to git. I have updated the Ekiga wiki on
> this issue.
>
> By the way, you have been asking about the win32 build... Since you have been
> putting some effort into this, may I ask if you would like to work with the
> win32 build once it is functional? I could fix it to compile within the next
> week, but I will only spend the extra effort needed if someone will acutally be
> using the build. It is always a moving target to keep it up-to-date to current
> opal, ptlib and ekiga, so I have preferred to put resources into something more
> productive in the last months...

I spoke with Craig (from OPAL), and it seems he could be the next one to
maintain the WIN32 build. He is currently trying to cross-compile and
see what he can do to help.

However, I do not think Craig alone has enough spare time to code
missing pieces in the WIN32 build.

So if we can get several people making it rock, it is worth it.

I'm just not a WIN32 developer :(
--
 _     Damien Sandras