Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga not launching

Am Freitag, 21. März 2008 22:32:06 schrieb Wendell:
> Fabrice ALPHONSO wrote:
> [...]
> It simply acts like it is starting to load, then quits.
>
> > If you launch it from inside a terminal, is there an error apparing on
> > it ?
>
> I didn't try that, since I don't know how.

Start gnome-terminal or konsole, then just type:
ekiga

Maybe you get some error message. If yes, please post it to this list. If it
is something like "Segmentation fault", this means ekiga has crashed. If it
is a segfault, do the following (you need to have gdb installed for this to
work!):

(echo "run\nthread apply all bt"; sleep 5) | gdb  ekiga > ekiga.backtrace

Upload the backtrace to e.g. http://www.pastebin.ca/

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Kastanienweg 6 - Zimmer 1206  /  52074 Aachen
mailto:lurch gmx li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/