Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Missing avcodec.h

Matthias Schneider a écrit :
in my opinion all this dir stuff sucks a lot. I have added your path to the list of searched dirs, thinking that this way forward will cost less boring and useless work to me than the other possibilities. In case you feel like it you could still report this as a bug, I think we wont be the only package that will have to deal with that.

I agree it sucks a lot...

Notice your fix doesn't work : you make the configure script search for ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h, which means it will find it, but since that file tries to #include <libavutil/avutil.h>, which can't be found.

You really have to use the path given by pkg-config in your search for the right place for avcodec.h, or it won't work, ie : searching for libavcodec/avcodec.h using -I/usr/include/ffmpeg (as given by pkg-config --cflags libavcodec-dev) will work, but searching for ffmpeg/libavcodec/avcodec.h using nothing will fail (current behaviour).