Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] 1st working SVN build Ekiga on FreeBSD

El día Wednesday, April 02, 2008 a las 06:09:26PM +0200, Matthias Schneider escribió:

> Emilio,
>
> sorry, thats all I know about H.264 and H.323 and I do not have any resources to
> deal with it any further. If you are really interested you can dig into this for
> yourself and contact Simone Horne (howerver only for questions about OPAL and
> not about Ekiga), there should be posts by him on the OPAL mailing list.

(btw: it is Simon Horne <s horne packetizer com> and I contacted him, no
reply yet);

> However I would like to help you on the video issue, so I would welcome
> additional info there (preview working?, logo working with 500, etc.)
>
> Matthias

Hi Matthias,

This morning I did two tests to 500 ekiga det, one with V4L and cam,
the other with MovingLogo as picture:

in both tests also the video was echoed fine from 500 ekiga det; I did
realized this for the 1st time because the video echo starts after the
greeting message 'you're about entering the echo test room...' is over;
maybe in the past I never awaited the end of the greeting (or never set
the View to 'picture-in-picture'), anyway: video is fine;

but in the call with V4L the status message in the main screen stays as
'Standby', while in the call with MovingLogo it switches to 'Connected
with 500' and the call duration is displayed and updated correctly as
time runs;

I've inserted some Debug: statements in to the Ekiga code, so they're
not in your code in SVN but the Debug: messages says in which method we
are; here it comes, 1st for the call with V4L and 2nd with MovingLogo;
somehow the call in V4L mode does not reach the connected state and the
HANGUP-button does not work because the X11-call-back function of this does
no have the call-pointer in the struct mw->current_call; and this is
perhaps because Opal::Call::OnEstablished() is not passed;

call to 500 ekiga net with V4L:

Debug:lib/engine/protocol/skel/call-core.cpp CallCore::dial()
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::Call()
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
Debug:StreamType Audio
Debug:stream_name: PCMU
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
Debug:StreamType Audio
Debug:stream_name: PCMU
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
Debug:StreamType Video
Debug:stream_name: h261
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnOpenMediaStream()
Debug:StreamType Video
Debug:stream_name: h261
CIF MPI = 33
Frame Time = 3003
Frame Height = 144
Temporal Spatial Trade Off = 0
Max Bit Rate = 4096000
Clock Rate = 90000
Max Rx Frame Height = 144
Max Rx Frame Width = 176
QCIF MPI = 33
Min Rx Frame Height = 144
Min Rx Frame Width = 176
Annex D = 0
Max Frame Size = 1400
Target Bit Rate = 800000
Frame Width = 176

[click on HANGUP button]

Debug:toggle_call_cb()
Debug:mw->current_call is NULL
gm_connect_button_get_connected... is true
Debug:now leaving toggle_call_cb

CTRL-C to end ekiga;

call to 500 ekiga net with MovingLogo:

[...]
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnEstablished()
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::OnEstablished()
Debug:on_established_call_cb
Debug:setting mw->current_call = &call;

[click on HANGUP button]

Debug:toggle_call_cb()
gm_connect_button_get_connected... is true
Debug:calling hangup_call_cb now
Debug:hangup_call_cb()
Debug:src/endpoints/opal-call.cpp Opal::Call::hangup()
Debug:now leaving toggle_call_cb

The program 'ekiga' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 127476 error_code 3 request_code 10 minor_code 0)
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$

that's all for the moment; comments?

	Emilio