Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] [Ekiga-list] Ekiga 3.00 available for WIN32 *only*

Excellent news! I completely agree with this move - you
discovered a hole in the market! There is just too much
competition in VOIP under Linux while in fact all the
Windows users just use one (rather crappy and limited)
piece of software - apparently nothing better is available.
Thus, I am absolutely sure that immediately after the
release of Ekiga 3.0 for Windows, the majority of Windows
users will adopt 3.0 because no current software for Windows
can even touch the functionalities and capabilities of
Ekiga 2, not talking about 3.
The only major objection I have is that you should be more
looking into future and not release WIN32 but rather WIN128.
This new platform is going to dominate the world in the
coming centuries and it would be a pity if Ekiga lost this
market just because it concentrates on the old WIN32.
So: release Ekiga 3 for WIN128 only and as shareware only
and the success is inevitable.