Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Some points on Ekiga-Video

Hi,

Le jeudi 03 mai 2007 �2:53 +0200, Matthias Schneider a �it :
> Hi Damien, here some more information:
>

> > > I)
> > > [MS]On the windows build I am getting a
> > > :/usr/src/ekigacvs/tt/win32/pwlib/./include/ptlib/array.h:(.data+0x18): undefined reference to
> > > `_PPlugin_PVideoOutputDevice_YUVFile_Registration_Instance'
> > > when trying to link ekiga.
> > >

> > No idea :(
>
> I can make it link when commenting out
> //  PWLIB_STATIC_LOAD_PLUGIN(YUVFile, PVideoInputDevice)
> //  PWLIB_STATIC_LOAD_PLUGIN(YUVFile, PVideoOutputDevice
>
> in src/ptlib/common/pglobalstatic.cxx
>
> Who could help me on that matter?

Craig Southeren, he is in CC.

> > > J)
> > > Shall I implement the Proof of Concept you sent me for obtainign the devices form the
> > MEdiaStream
> > > or shall I stick to the current implementation? (I am aware we still get fantasy values on
> > > non-video calls)
> >
> > I don't remember what it was for...
>
> Ok, in my implementation that is in SVN trunk I just store additional pointers to the
> VideoPreviewDevice and VideoOutputDevice instances. However you wrote me how I can get hold of
> this information by using
> ep->GetConnection (call, TRUE);
> connection->GetMediaStream
> stream->GetVideoOutputDevice ();
>
> which of the two approaches would be your preference?

I think getting hold of the 2 pointers is not a safe approach. You could
still be using the pointer while it is being deleted by another thread.
That can not happen when using the "normal" API, because the connection
is locked and won't be deleted while you hold a pointer to it.

> K)
> On DIrectDraw output when activating the external pip window the last frame stays in the main
> ekiga window until it is redrawn (e.g. by moving) since gdk was not aware that we were painting on
> top of that window. How can I trigger a refresh of that window?

You could generate an "expose" event. Not sure how.

Isn't that the same kind of problem than when we start Ekiga with
preview enabled on linux ?

When I do that, some parts of the Ekiga window are not redrawn
correctly.
--
 _     Damien Sandras