Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Unthreading ekiga : a strategy

Le lundi 16 avril 2007 �4:19 +0200, Julien Puydt a �it :
> Damien Sandras a �it :
> > It is still a C dependance part of GTK+.
>
> Even kde people accept a little glib :-)
>
> >> I use libsigc++ for signals in my latest contact code :
> >> http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > I think it is better :
> > - Endpoints fire signals
> > - the GUI thread listens to them and acts consequently
>
> Firing a signal happens in the firing thread. The endpoint will still
> need to push something to the gui thread, which will then fire the signal.

Can't we simply fire the signal in the endpoint, and have something
listening to it outside of it, as part of the GUI classes, and then
triggering the appropriate signal for the GTK+ elements (in case of a
GTK+ interface) ?

--
 _     Damien Sandras