Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Unthreading ekiga : a strategy

Damien Sandras a �it :
I think this is for post-3.00. We'll see.

Yes, we'll see. But it aches when we debug other peoples' threading issues!

However, what I have in mind is to trigger a signal, and the interested
GUI parties listen to it.

Beware : you'll still need to go to the gui thread before you fire the signal!

But it's indeed the principle :-)

That is the only clean approach. If you use glib, then the GUI can not
entirely be abstracted out of the OPAL specific code.

Notice : glib isn't GUI.

I use libsigc++ for signals in my latest contact code : http://libsigc.sourceforge.net/