[Ekiga-devel-list] Problem with Cisco Call Manager

  Following an IRC discussion with Julien Puydt here is my understanding
of the problems we are facing:

   - Registration to Cisco call does not work.
     Ekiga sends a REGISTER
     Cisco replies 401 UNAUTHORIZED
     Ekiga mistakes this and reports at the UI level that
     the registration worked.
     Other clients (linphone, Twinkle ...) a that point instead
     do a new REGISTER with the digest auth info as mandated by the
     protocol (this sounds familiar to me from an HTTP perspective)

   - when Ekiga tries to dial after that
     it sends an INVITE message to the Cisco Call manager
     the Cisco Call Manager don't consider the Ekiga client as registered
     and expects a new REGISTER instead (with auth)
     It then fails with 500 Internal Server Error, which is relatively
     sensible considering the current state

 The core of the problem described in September
  http://mail.gnome.org/archives/ekiga-list/2006-September/msg00289.html
is IMHO not at the call i.e. INVITE level, but the fact that even before
the REGISTER failed.

  Any chance to get this fixed ?

Daniel