Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Ekiga 3.00

On Sun, Apr 01, 2007 at 07:54:20PM +0200, Julien Puydt wrote:
> Damien Sandras a écrit :
>
> > * Ekiga will support the H.263 video codec.
>
> Uh... licence issues in sight ?

Hum It's not a licence issues but a royalty paying ... You can implement a
compatible codec, but to use it you need to pay for that. It's up to the
user/compagny to do it.(For the moment in europe we don't have this problem).
To be clean with some big organization, we have paid the royalty to use the
h264, mpeg2 codec in our computer ... But it's not mandatory here.

Luc