Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Wish: video codec H.263 and H.264 for Ekiga

vatbier wrote:
I read that Ekiga uses video codec H.261 .
I want to be able to do video-conferencing from linux to WinXP.
Wengophone/WinXP uses video codec H.263 and mpeg4 I think.

think again. and then implement it. show me code.

If Ekiga could use H.263 would I then be able to have a video-talk with
a user of Wengophone/WinXP?

use wengophone, it is open source, no problems

Ekiga for Windows seems to work but no fullscreen support.

You get Ekiga for free with sources and want it "gold plated" too ???

I hope next week my sister can use this to communicate with me.

get Your sister ubuntu and delete her xo ;)

Wengophone for Linux: latest release is very buggy, no video.

thats untrue, just tested latest, great video. maybe u better learn some linux basics.

vatbier

tom