Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] Some points on the EKIGA/OPAL video plugin

Hi,

Craig already answered most of OPAL/PWLIB related questions, so I will
answer the rest.

Le mercredi 25 octobre 2006 à 21:58 +0200, Matthias Schneider a écrit :

>   - EKIGA does not complete a remotely initiated termination of a call (see attached file
> terminate.txt) - happens with different endpoints. If video is activated, outbound video
> transmission does not even stop. If the connection is terminated by ekiga everything works like
> expected.

It should be marked as OPAL bug. However, nobody ever reported such a
problem in our bugtracker, and believe me that when there is a bug in
Ekiga, we have dozens of bug reports... So I really think the problem is
elsewhere.

Try providing a -d 4 trace.

> EKIGA enhancement proposals for discussion:
>
> - Bitrate widget in ekiga
>   The bitrate slide is in kbyte/s, however I am used rather to kbit/s and always have to
> calculate... I wonder how you feel about that, actually the codec plugins also handle the setting
> kbit/s. Also I would like to propose to higher the bitrate range to at least 2mbit = 250 kbyte/s.

It will change in the future.

> - make the max. RTP payload size configurable (also OPAL)
>   Perhaps even more options should be configurable in the plugins? (right now I know only of
> width, height, bitrate and a quality variable)

I don't see this as an Ekiga option.

> - FPS counter (also OPAL)
>   It would be nice to have an frames/s counter in ekiga similar to the audio and video bitrate
> counter

It could be a nice idea, yes.

> - Jitter buffer
>   In ekiga CVS where has the jitter buffer display gone to? I also would like to ask if the
> current layout will be the final one - I like the "old" with the embedded sliders and the simpler
> embedded video window from ekiga 2.0.3 better...

It has not be reintroduced yet. The new layout will stay, unfortunately
for you. But I can tell you you will like it when you will know its
purpose ;-)

--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net