Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] new XVideo patch

Hi,

--- Damien Sandras <dsandras seconix com> schrieb:

> Le mardi 21 novembre 2006 à 21:52 +0100, Matthias Schneider a écrit :
>
> [...]
>
> > However I do notice 2 points here:
> > - why is the main ekiga window resizable? it wasnt int 2.0.3 and also many of the icons do
> appear
> > sometimes in a rather strange fashion. also resizing this window would mean that I have to
> catch
> > this event and reposition the XVWindow....
> >

> Because now we have a contacts list. In 3.00 we will even have status
> information for the contacts in the list. So it was sort of mandatory...

Ok, no problem, so each frame we check the video-widgets location and in case it is changed we
move the window. I also think  we can consider the embedded XV window location issue as fixed (I
will implement it as soon as the appearance of ekiga is final, see below)

> > - I havent yet understood the reason for having the 2 frames around the video widget in gdk.
...delete...
> This is more a proof concept. The look is there, but the code needs to
> be improved. I would display the frame on the first image, then display
> images inside that frame.
>
> Optimizing this is on my TODO since a long time (and on Jan's TODO too),
> but we have had no time until now :(
> --
>  _      Damien Sandras

Ok, I think all the mentioned issues could be addressed at once, i.e.
- move the GDK/SDL code to videooutput_gdk
- fix the XV window location issue
- improve the performance by kickig out some of the gdk_pixbuf_scale_simple (I personally would
consider any putput makeing use of them unworkable but its nice to have the GDK stuff for fallback
and on windows until something better is available).

Do you think it is possible to draw the frame outside the main_video_image and use it only for the
video image? My idea now would be to have

GtkWidget* gm_get_main_video_image()   return GTK_WIDGET (mw->main_video_image);
void gm_main_window_update_logo (GtkWidget *main_window)
void gm_main_window_update_frame (X)

made available from main.cpp to the videooutput plugin, so it can get the location info for the
video image. These 3 functions could be used by videooutput_xv and videooutput_gdk. Additionally

void gm_main_window_update_video
gm_mw_destroy_fullscreen_video_window
gm_mw_poll_fullscreen_video_window
gm_mw_toggle_fullscreen
gm_mw_init_fullscreen_video_window
could be moved (more or less copy and paste) to videooutput_gdk.cpp

For the GDK external windows ("BOTH") there are two possibilities: leave the instanciation where
it is and implement a gm_get_local|remote_video_window() function or move that into
videoutput_gdk.cpp as well. Do you think that would be a proper approach?

Matthias

p.s.
Which of the gm_main_window_XXX and gm_mw_XXX notation is the more recent?