Re: [Ekiga-devel-list] new XVideo patch

Hi,

Le lundi 20 novembre 2006 à 23:50 +0100, Matthias Schneider a écrit :
> > I just wonder, why did you add a new PIP in external window mode?
> > (I think it is a great idea, when ekiga is hidden, so we'll keep it for
> > course, but I wondered if there was some technical reason behind it).
>
> Hm, for me from the start on I onlky wanted an extra window with Pip functionality since I usually
> minimize the phone when in a video call. Also notice the "d" key with which you can disable the
> decorations and e.g. park it in the upper left corner of the screen and continue working. Actually
> also this is the idea on which I based my XVWindow class.

That's right.

> > Some random thoughts:
> > - Perhaps that SDL should become a new videooutput too, like XV and GTK
> The problem I see there is that a separate GTK and SDL class would not cover all features (window
> mode, fullscreen, etc), we would have a SDL class witout window mode and GTK class without
> fullscreen, I dont really know how to abstract this to the videooutputclass..

That's right, it is not useful and not feasible easily.

> > - Perhaps the complexity of gm_main_window_update_video should/could
> > move to one of the videooutput classes
>
> I do concur on that, it should move to videoutput_gdk and rely on main.cpp only for something like
> I do with gm_main_window_get_video_widget(). However I do not know yet how deeply it is interwoven
> with the rest of main.cpp

It doesn't really interact, but let's postpone that for later.

> > I don't really know :)
> >
> > But the new code (mine, not yours), with the frames, is actually quite
> > CPU intensive.
> >
> > XV support will definitely be a great feature of 3.00!
>
> It would be great to see that code in ekiga!

It will be integrated, no worries. That is a very nice contribution,
thanks for it!
--
Damien Sandras

Ekiga Softphone : http://www.ekiga.org
NOVACOM                    : http://www.novacom.be
FOSDEM                      : http://www.fosdem.org
SIP Phone               : sip:dsandras ekiga net