Ogg Vorbis files won't play on Linux after image embedded

Hello folks,

I am having an interesting problem with EasyTag version 2.4.3 and Ogg Vorbis files. Whenever I add an image to an Ogg file, Ubuntu or Mint sees the modified file as corrupt and will refuse to play it or display the image in a thumbnail. However, the file plays and displays quite well on my Android phone.

This behavior only affects Ogg files. MP3 files work fine.

I tried different image file sizes and formats. No change.

Currently running Ubuntu Zesty.

Any thoughts? I’d like to know what app or library to blame before I file a bug.

Many thanks for your help.