From: "David King" <amigadave amigadave com>
Sent: 3/1/2017 6:20:42 AM
Subject: Re: Easytag on Mac OS, window sizing problem

Hi

On 2017-01-02 10:25, J. Porter Clark <jpc porterclark com> wrote:
I've been using EasyTAG on Mac OS for some time via MacPorts.
It works okay except for a window sizing bug.  When I start
EasyTAG, it takes up all of the vertical space in the display
and extends a few lines below the bottom of the display,
underneath the dock.  As a result, I can't see much of the Log
area.

I can maximize EasyTAG to take over the whole screen area and
then un-maximize it, and that brings the bottom into the display
area, but I still can't see all of the Log area.  At this point,
the resize widget at lower right can be seen, but it will let me
resize horizontally only.

There is a long-standing open bug about the application window not fitting on small screens:

If it is not possible to resize the window vertically, this is probably the reason. You could try disabling the log area, but other than that there is little that can be done to reduce the vertical size of the window.

I'm using EasyTAG 2.4.3 (via MacPorts) on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2,
although these symptoms first appeared months ago.  Error
messages on startup are as follows:

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get the GNOME session proxy: The name org.gnome.SessionManager is not owned

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get the Xfce session proxy: The name org.xfce.SessionManager is not owned

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get an inhibit portal proxy: The name org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop is not owned

These seem related to the lack of a D-Bus session. I do not know how that is handled under MacPorts, but the session manager and inhibit functionality of GtkApplication is not used by EasyTAG at the moment, so this is unrelated to the window sizing problem.