Easytag on Mac OS, window sizing problem

I've been using EasyTAG on Mac OS for some time via MacPorts.
It works okay except for a window sizing bug.  When I start
EasyTAG, it takes up all of the vertical space in the display
and extends a few lines below the bottom of the display,
underneath the dock.  As a result, I can't see much of the Log
area.

I can maximize EasyTAG to take over the whole screen area and
then un-maximize it, and that brings the bottom into the display
area, but I still can't see all of the Log area.  At this point,
the resize widget at lower right can be seen, but it will let me
resize horizontally only.

I'm using EasyTAG 2.4.3 (via MacPorts) on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.2,
although these symptoms first appeared months ago.  Error
messages on startup are as follows:

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get the GNOME session proxy: The name org.gnome.SessionManager is
not owned

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get the Xfce session proxy: The name org.xfce.SessionManager is
not owned

(easytag:23494): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to get an inhibit portal proxy: The name
org.freedesktop.portal.Desktop is not owned

--
J. Porter Clark      <jpc porterclark com>