Re: Automated filling of fields depending on other fields.

Hi Andi,

On 08/12/17 16:08, Andi wrote:
Hello all,

while trying to migrate from MP3Tag (Windows) over to EasyTag (Linux) I got stuck with the following...

What I try to achieve is to fill out the 'Title' field in an automated manner based on the Titel-number field. E.g. the Titel field should in the end read "Chapter 1", "Chapter 2" and so on for a long list of files (hundreds). I tried and searched quite a lot on this but couldn't find a solution.

MP3Tag has a feature that effectively would say something like set Title to "Chapter %n" (with %n being a reference to the Titel-number.

More generally speaking, I'm looking for a way to fill our fields autmatically based on other fields.

Many thanks for hints on how to achieve the above with EasyTag!

I am not sure EasyTag can do this but now you are on Linux you could look at PuddleTag, which is quite close in functionality to Mp3Tag. I use it occasionally for some functions and then revert to EasyTag.

Budge