Re: crash on broken mp3

Hi!

On 2016-06-05 09:47, easytag-ML malenki ch <easytag-ML malenki ch> wrote:
Not sure if you want to fix this but for my peace of mind I report
it. :)

EasyTAG should never crash on invalid input. Although it has improved in that regard over the last few years, there are surely more bugs waiting to be found, so please always report a crash. I look for frequent crashers in downstream bugtrackers and error servers, but I do not catch everything.

I record web streams from radio stations. This time I got a broken file
which I only realized when easytag crashed on it as soon as it tries
to write anything.

You can find the file here:
https://malenki.ch/d/bugs/mdr_Figaro_Figarinos_Kinderhoerspiel_2016-03-20_crashes_easytag_2.4.2.mp3

Thanks for the bug report and test file. This does not crash using the default ID3v2.3 writer, but only using the ID3v2.4 writer. The problem seems to be that the file contains only the ID3 tag, and no audio. When writing ID3v2.4 tags, EasyTAG assumes that audio is present and attempts to copy it to after the new tag during the writing process.

I fixed the bug by skipping the audio handling if no audio is present:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=f144e6a0cdfae35a4e3f5034b229174fa16ed1a5

The fix will be in a future 2.4.3 release.

--
http://amigadave.com/