Re: Easytag does not safe settings in Ubuntu 16.04

Hi Florian

On 2016-06-03 09:38, Florian Jäckel <florian-jaeckel gmx de> wrote:
in Ubuntu 16.04 (Mate) I'm facing the issue that Easytag seems not to
safe settings (i.e. default directory to search for music at startup).
Any help appreciated!

Which version of EasyTAG are you using (I guess 2.4.2 with Ubuntu 16.04)? If so, the 2.4 series changed to use GSettings for user preferences. It might be the case that the "memory" backend of GSettings is being used, and therefore any settings changes are not being stored persistently. Please try running "easytag" from a terminal, and seeing if there are any warning printed to the console that mention GSettings.

If the wrong backend is being used, check that you have the dconf daemon (the binary is actually called "dconf-service" and generally found in /usr/libexec) installed and that it is running. It should automatically be started, but that will not happen if it is not present!

--
http://amigadave.com/