Re: First time using Easy-Tag questions

On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 22:59 +0100, David King wrote:
Hi Chris

On 2014-08-08 16:19, Chris <cpollock embarqmail com> wrote:
I've got some old CDs that I'm ripping to put on a thumbdrive for the
car. When ripped the tracks come up as 01 Track 01.mp3 and so forth.
EasyTag shows the correct song name and album name but I can't seem to
figure out how to get it to save and rename the songs. I'm sure it's
simply something I'm doing incorrectly but maybe my old brain just
doesn't grasp it.

If the tags are correct, and you just want to rename the files according
to the information in the tags, you should use the scan dialog. Open the
dialog by going to the View menu and activating "Show Scanner". Then,
select "Rename File and Directory" from the Scanner combo box. You
should then select a mask (a description of how to use the tag data to
build up the filename). If you enable the legend, you will be able to
see what the format specifiers in the mask correspond to (for example,
%t is replaced with the track title). A preview of the filename is shown
underneath the mask entry field, so you can test the mask until it looks
correct. Once you have chosen a suitable mask, make sure that the files
which you want to rename are selected in the main window, and click
"Scan Files". The filename entry field should update for each file.

Once you have made the modifications that you want, you will need to
save the changes, as EasyTAG does not modify files without explicit user
action. You can do this by making sure that the files you want to save
are selected in the main window, going to the File menu and activating
"Save Files".

Good luck!

Got it, thanks. One other question, if a file name is in red what does
it mean?

--
Chris
31.11°N 97.89°W (Elev. 1092 ft)