Re: A struggling beginner

Hi Dharak

On 2014-08-06 21:00, dharak kharod <dharakk yahoo co in> wrote:
I am a newbie and want to contribute to easytag. Can someone walk me through the building of the source code?
I didn't find any clear instructions for that.

Like most applications which use an autotools build system, the steps for building EasyTAG are roughly:

1. clone the module from git
2. run autogen.sh
3. run configure
4. run make
5. run make install

You will need to make sure that you have all the necessary dependencies installed, and these are listed in the README. Some are optional, but they are all available in recent versions of distributions (although that may mean development versions of some distributions).

You may want to configure some parameters of the installation process, such as the prefix, and you can check the configure options to figure out which options are available (with ./configure --help).

Good luck!

--
http://amigadave.com/