Early test release of 2.1.9 (alpha1) for Windows

I have been working on getting the Windows port of EasyTAG working again, and I have a very early preview of the 2.1.9alpha1 release available for testing.

There are many problems, some more serious than others:

* A GIO error on startup. The error seems harmless, but is annoying.
* Missing icons, which can hopefully be fixed by including them in the installer. * No MP3 support. I got very frustrated trying to get id3lib to build, and was unsuccessful, but this should be possible with some more work.
* No application icon, which should be another simple fix.
* Old artwork in the installer, which is merely cosmetic and should be relatively easy to fix.
* Many more issues that I am not yet aware of.

The test installer can be downloaded at:

http://amigadave.com/temp/easytag-2.1.9alpha1-setup.exe

It was built with the MinGW toolchain on Fedora, using the available packages for most of the dependencies, with a few more being found on the Fedora Bugzilla.

Feedback would be useful (either on the mailing list or on Bugzilla) and if anyone wants to help with the Windows-specific changes, there is a branch on git.gnome.org which corresponds to this release:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/log/?h=wip/mingw-2.1.9alpha1

--
http://amigadave.com/