Re: Compile easytag with GTK+-3.10

Hi

On 2013-12-11 15:36, Eternal Sorrow <sergamena inbox ru> wrote:
To compile easytag-2.1.8 with GTK 3.10.2 I had to disable deprecation
defines in configure.ac. I think they are added to ensure program stays
compatible with gtk3 while main toolkit is gtk2. But there are it's own
deprecations in gtk3 and they are disabled with this, so program fails
to compile. I wrote simple patch to disable deprecation defines while
compiling with gtk3.

Thanks for the patch. It is not quite right, as it enables all
deprecation warnings when building against GTK+ 3. A better solution is to target a specific version and to ignore deprecation warnings past that version. This is possible thanks to some useful macros in GTK+ and GLib:

https://wiki.gnome.org/HowDoI/Deprecations

I used the versioned deprecation macros to target GTK+ 3.4, as that is the version in Debian stable, which seems like a useful target:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/easytag/commit/?id=ff773bd929b1e293826876aaa9e552d2a45b4d88

I did not change the behaviour for GLib or GTK+ 2, as there should be no further deprecations in GTK+ 2, and minimal deprecations in GLib.

--
http://amigadave.com/