unsuccessful build due to compiler warnings

hello everyone,

I am new to easytag and this mailing list.
While building easytag from source, I get the following error
ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and code
which results in make error and it simply quits.

Removing compiler warning in the makefile generated after the configure script is run or moving the declaration portion at top in /src/wavpack_tag.c does the trick and easytag builds successful. Is this a bug or just a problem with my arch box? I guess -Werror=declaration-after-statement should not be added by the configure script in the first place.

gcc (GCC) 4.8.0
GNOME Shell 3.6.3.1
easytag-2.1.8