Re: [Easytag-mailing] [Feature Request] Make easyTAG code compatible with Checkinstall.

On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 12:02 +0000, bat guano wrote:
> Command used:-
> sudo checkinstall --pkgname easytag --pkgversion 2.1.7 --default
>
> Result:-
> dpkg-deb: error: parsing file '/var/tmp/tmp.SOl79LqQZJ/package/DEBIAN/control' near line 7 package '0-name':
>  error in Version string '0-%release': invalid character in revision number
>
> Tested with:-
> easyTAG-git-HEAD
> Checkinstall-1.6.2
> Ubuntu 12.04

Hey Bat,

My advice is to stay away from checkinstall. I'm not that familiar with
it, but we're not maintaining trunk to support it. If all you want is to
generate a deb, the source is already debianized and you can do so using
the standard method of just running dpkg-buildpackage -uc -b.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred