[Easytag-mailing] Problem with Various Composers and some Questions

Hi, it has been a while since I needed to return here, during which I have been a very happy
user of Easytag, so many thanks again to all those keeping it alive.

I do have a couple of questions having seen the recent threads about albumartist and also latest git version:-
I am using the version from openSUSE 12.1 repo site and it is shown to be version 2.1.6 dated Jan 6 2012.
Will this have the changes discussed above regarding albumartist?  I believe not; see
next question.

Assuming we are all agreed about definition of "albumartist", where and how is it
entered.  I have no option in my tag editing screens.  Does that mean I do not have the
latest patched version or am I doing something wrong?

Finally my problem with "Various" composers.
My collection of classical music has been ripped to flac files which are stored on NAS
and served to various clients using Twonky.

Because there are many errors in freedb tagging (not least of which is entering the
composer's name in the artist field,) almost all of these have been or are to be tag
edited by me using Easytag.

Some CDs have an album artist eg The Sixteen (Harry Christophers) but have tracks
by different composers.  Clearly each CD has it's own directory when ripped and I have grouped
these in a directory "Various" under the relevant Genre directory

For each CD track file I have entered the actual composer in the composer tag.

I usually search for classical music by Genre > Composer > Album but if I try Genre >
Various > Album  at the moment I only get one album which is the one where I tagged
the composer as "Various" for all tracks.  This I can understand but if I try and search on
an actual track composer using Genre > Various > there is no choice then for composer because the Twonky search trees I have set do not, at present, include this logic
but if I search Genre > Composer, the composers from the individual tracks are not shown.

I appreciate this is probably down to my Twonky trees but does anybody have any suggestions of better tagging method which might solve the problem meanwhile?
I recall there are options for compliations when ripping and in Twonky but am not aware how these work.  If anybody can shine a light I would be grateful.

Lastly I have had problems with syntax and illegal characters in tags.  Is there a man page for tagging?

Regards,
Budgie